Sunday, February 2, 2014

Having Light .... Pass It On!


A few months ago I was more than privileged to be able to travel to the country of Lesotho. For those of you who do not know, Lesotho it is a landlocked country, completely enclosed by South Africa. My YAGM group and I spent time hiking through a small rural village, learning about schools, the countries history, culture and the poverty that has stricken this small country.


While I was mesmerized by the beauty surrounding me and the time spent with the locals, I was also feeling a great sense of pride. I left the country feeling so proud of my friends and professors at Wittenberg University who have given up weeks of their summers and winter breaks to make a difference in the communities here.  I am so encouraged by their passions for Lesotho and pray that this passion to serve continues, both in and out of this beautiful country.

Peace!
Kelly

Tiger Up Witt!





No comments:

Post a Comment